Strategic Planning – 2014
Last weekend, the members of the Caboolture Montessori School Board and the Principal got together to review the year that was, identify outcomes reached and actions that may need future attention. Addressing the direction of the school for the year ahead and beyond is the focus of the group at this event. The process is helpful in many obvious ways by setting a pathway forward and ensuring past objectives have been met; however, the most relevant components of the day are: asking the critical questions, finding innovative solutions, exploring past and new aspirations and adopting what we know the community wants and needs.
Our School Board is composed of parents and external professionals and all are involved and interested in a healthy business and an effective educational context. They provide their insights and experience to grow our Montessori environment and are at ease with asking the provocative questions they know will enhance our progress.
The process was facilitated and challenged by Mr David Robertson, Executive Director of Independent Schools Queensland. David has supported our strategic planning for the second year and has provided a truly high level of investigation and outcomes. We thank him for donating his time and passion and dearly thank him for sharing his expertise.
We celebrate our successes, reached in a short time span:
- Starting a full cycle 1 cohort
- Adding an active Infant Community
- Growth of a third cycle 2 class
- Addition of two new classrooms and a library
- Meeting all the requirements of our Development Approval through the Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Providing a strong leadership for the school starting at Governance level
- Programs and resources to drive professional growth among our educators
- Collection of tools to address student progress through reliable and viable means
- Meeting the philosophy and methodology of Dr Montessori through staff training
- Former students achieving highly academically and personally in their secondary schools
- Our positive financial benchmarks
The above are just some celebratory events in our recent history.
Thank you to each Board member for taking time to meet on a really hot weekend and contributing to a sound direction for strategy and operation at CMS.
CMS Board members:
Nick Willemsen – Chair (Parent)
Helen Spry – Vice Chair (Parent)
Jo-Anne Chaplin – Treasurer (Local business person)
Mark Ryan – Member (Local business person)
Bronwyn Conway – Member (Local business person)
Roelie Hartwig – Member (Business person & Montessori director)
Toby Robinson – Member (Parent)
Caboolture Montessori School